Every Eli. J Fine jewelry piece is crafted using natural gemstones and precious metals. To preserve their beauty, you are advised to treat them with great care. By acknowledging a few precautions for use and maintenance, you will be able to keep your jewelry pieces in perfect condition for an extended period of time.
WHEN WEARING YOUR JEWELRY
It is best to avoid wearing your jewellery in the following situations:
When participating in activities requiring the use of corrosive products (cleaning, dishwashing, gardening etc.): to avoid damaging the gemstones.
- When washing your hands: this is to avoid soap deposits entering small crevices in the jewelry.
- When carrying out sports activities: in order to avoid scratches and impact.
It is also best to avoid:
- Putting on perfume and make-up while wearing your jewelry: chemical ingredients contained in cosmetics are reactive to certain gemstones and pearls.
- Exposing jewelry to high heat: temperature changes can irreversibly damage precious stones.
Taking care of your piece of jewelry
Clean your gold & platinum jewellery with warm water and a soft brush before drying it with a soft cloth.
- Be sure to close your chain’s clasp to avoid any knots.
- For most gemstones (except Emerald, Pearl, Mother-of-Pearl & Opal), clean with warm water and a soft brush before drying with a soft cloth.
- For pearl jewelry pieces, cover with a soft cloth in a humid place.
- It is strongly recommended to store each piece of jewelry individually in its box or pouch to avoid scratches, as scratch marks can be caused when in contact with one another.
We hope this helps and, we hope you love your new Eli. J Jewelry!